Last modified: May 11, 2013
There are many different ways you can use our services by creating a service account or instances, sharing information or creating new content or joining a service or related services managed by the service or app administrator. When you share information with us, for example by creating a Library on Librarika, joining a library managed by service or app administrator, we can make those services even better to show you more relevant Information and data or to make sharing information or data with others easily. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we're using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information and data we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information and data.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We've tried to keep it as simple as possible. Your privacy matters to Raynux, so whether you are new to our services or a seasoned user, please do take the time to get to know our practices and if you have any questions, please contact us.
Information and Data we collect
We collect information and data to provide better services to all of our users
We collect information and data in two ways:
Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a service Account. When you do, we'll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features we offer, we might also ask you to create a publicly visible Service Profile (Example: Librarika profile), which may include your name and photo.
Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Raynux, may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Service Account.
When you use our services or view content provided by Raynux, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- details of how you used our service.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Service Account.
When you use a location-enabled Raynux service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
Unique application numbers
Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Raynux when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Cookies and anonymous identifiers
How we use information or data we collect
We use the information and data we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Raynux and our users.
When you contact Raynux, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We may use information collected from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. We may combine personal information from one service with information, including personal information for example to make it easier to share things with people you know.
Transparency and choicePeople have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Review and control certain types of information tied to your account by using our Dashboard.
- View and edit your user or service preferences.
- Control who you share information with where such control is available.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it's important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Information and data you share
Our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be index-able by search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo etc. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Raynux.
With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Raynux when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
With domain or service or app administrators
If your Service Account is managed for you by a domain or service or app administrator (for example, for library members in Librarika) then your domain or app administrator and re-sellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your Service Account information (including your email and other data). Your domain or app administrator may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install.
- change your account password.
- suspend or terminate your account access.
- access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
For external processing
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Google if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Raynux, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners like publishers. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Raynux and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Raynux employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Security and bugs
We do our best to keep your information secure, but we need your help. Your password and other critical information must be kept safe on your side. We try to keep our services up, bug-free and safe, but can't make guarantees about any part of our services or products.
How can I contact Raynux?